May 25, 2016
OpenFin 6 Alpha on Electron
We’re excited to announce the Alpha release of OpenFin 6 (Chromium 49), which is built on Electron and adds the following capabilities:
- Security sandbox
- WPF and WinForms embedding
- True child windows
- Unified path for network traffic
- Asynchronous inter-process messaging
- Enhanced WebRTC configuration
Our new Electron-based architecture has also enabled the following:
- Cross-platform support for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Startup time is 2x as fast as version 5
- Node-based inter-process communication
- Rapid upgrade to new Chromium versions
- Significantly reduced time to implement new API features
OpenFin 6 Alpha
To utilize OpenFin 6 Alpha, please update your app.json to point the version to “alpha” as so:
You can find the detailed release notes here.
Enjoyed this post? Share it!
Related PostsAll Posts ->
From Knowledge to Action: OpenFin Notification Center Fuels Productivity Across the Desktop
Implementing FDC3 standards on OpenFin!